If you have a website, you need SEO. Itâ€™s that simple. Imagine this:
You work for months on a new storefront in a nice neighborhood. You spend thousands of dollars on the perfect fixtures, signage, and stock. You make sure that youâ€™ve created a welcoming environment for your customers. Itâ€™s all ready to go.
Then you open the doors and donâ€™t tell anyone.
It would be ridiculous! But thatâ€™s exactly what we see small businesses do all the time with their websites. Theyâ€™ll invest the time and money to create a fantastic website, but not invest in optimizing it for search engines. Itâ€™s a costly mistake.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) ensures that the major search engines (the Googles, Bings, and Yahoos of the world) can find your site and provide information to potential customers when they search for your services. The search engines do more than just â€˜findâ€™ your site, they also rank it against other sites based on ever-changing algorithms that factor in data including content, key words, location, social media rankings, and more.
A small businessâ€™ website has the potential to be an incredibly powerful marketing tool. After all, itâ€™s open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and, if kept up, contains up to the minute information and offers. Here are 5 ways that great SEO can supercharge your website
- Youâ€™ll rise in search rankings. It may seem obvious, but the higher you are in search engine rankings, the more likely you are to attract visitors. In fact, over two thirds of people searching on the web never click past the first page of search results. If youâ€™re not on that page, your website isnâ€™t working for you!
- It helps build your brand. When it comes to building your small business, thereâ€™s nothing like word of mouth that spreads based on the amazing service you provide. Before that can happen, though, you need to reach a critical mass of people. Great SEO can get the ball rolling, making sure that people outside of your immediate sphere know about your work. Once theyâ€™re through the door, the rest is up to you!
- SEO attracts the right people to your website. Unlike old school advertising techniques that broadcast to as many people as possible in the hopes that it would reach a few customers, SEO allows you to tailor the DNA of your site to reach potential customers who are perfect for you. Partnering with a provider like Intelligent Engagement gives you access to the kind of expertise that can provide a significant boost to your visibility and conversion rates.
- Youâ€™ll stay in the game. Always assume that your competitors have their SEO in tip top shape. If you donâ€™t make the same investment, you wonâ€™t even be in the game. You owe it to your business to stay competitive!
- SEO Works for you around the clock. Unlike traditional marketing or advertising that reaches target audiences in short bursts, SEO works all day and all night. Once youâ€™ve contracted with Intelligent Engagement, your work is done. And the best part is that you have access to all the data and metrics that let you know how effective your SEO is at bringing you new business.
What are you waiting for? Contact us today to see how we can help you with your SEO!